Saturday 2 March 2013

Gloria Baume



Today, as I wandered along Oxford Street and browsed its high street shops, I became quite frustrated by the repetition from shop to shop, the dominance of trends, and how many of the stores' clothes could fit seamlessly into their rivals. I love spotting trends on and off the runway, following them from their beginnings to the street, but I often miss the sentimentality and emotional attachment clothes used to have. I'm 22 years young, but even I can remember those times, and feel that fast fashion has accelerated at an astonishing rate in the past few years.


Some of my favourite pieces are second hand, gifts, or momentos from travels, often very simple and nondescript to others. So as I browsed through some street style snaps from Paris Fashion Week, I became more aware of Gloria Baume, the editor of Teen Vogue. Carrying a monogrammed clutch, her style struck a chord, and I really enjoyed StyleLikeU's feature on her style that included an interview with Gloria. Her style is not defined by trends, and she picks clothing purely for the fact that she likes it, or as she rather eloquently put it, because it 'calls' to her. It's lovely to see a genuine person, especially in a powerful position in the fashion industry, with such personal style, so be sure to take a look at the video interview with her on the StyleLikeU website here

No comments:

Post a Comment